Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been recently launched to provide the housing needs of the mind- income group. According to this scheme, the Government has decided to build pucca houses for the economically weaker, backward sections, and Low-income group families. These houses are built with all the basic facilities including good water facility, Electricity supply without any Interruption and sanitation. The main aim of this scheme is to help economically backward people whose economy is below 3 lakhs per annum and LIG whose income is below 6 lakhs per annum and also Mid-income people.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme:
This scheme mainly consists of 4 components. They are as follows;
- Transforming slum areas present in India (slum rehabilitation of slum dwellers).
- Credit Linked subsidy.
- Beneficiary led individual house construction
- Affordable houses in partnership
In this article, we will explain all these in detail
This process is carried out with the help of a private developer using the land as a resource.
Credit Linked Subsidy:
- In this process, the sections which are economically weaker will provide a subsidy for the home loans taken by the Urban Poor.
- This process is only eligible for the loans taken on the new house which is to be constructed and on the construction of new rooms including kitchen or washroom.
- This subsidy will be available only for loan amount under 12 lakhs.
Beneficiary led Individual House Construction:
This process helps the eligible families which belong to Economically backward sections. The support will be given for constructing a new house or for construction of new rooms on their own. Central assistance of 1 lakh will be provided by the Central government.
Affordable Housing In Partnership:
This is a supply-side intervention. The financial assistance will be provided to EWS for the houses begin with different partnerships will be allocated.
Eligibility Criteria For PMAY:
- Age of the person should be 70 or less.
- For Economically weaker sections, the income should be below 3 lakhs.
- For Lower income groups, the income should be between 3-6 lakhs.
- It is eligible to all the women citizens of India.
- People belonging to the low-income group and economically weaker sections can apply for this scheme.
- Senior citizens and differently able will be given special priorities for ground floors.
- Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes are also eligible for applying for this scheme.
The Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
In order to validate for the scheme, the candidate needs to meet the income requirement of the scheme. They also should not own any built house on their name in the Indian sub-continent in order to be eligible for this scheme. The family should consist of Husband, Wife, and children who are not yet married are eligible to apply for this scheme. Also, the families whose family income is below 3 lakhs for economically weaker sections and family income between 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs for lower income group families are eligible for applying for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme.
Eligible Beneficiary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin):
To identify and select the list of beneficiary families on the Gramin plan of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the government utilizes the Social Economic and Caste census of 2011.
The village Tahsils and Panchayat heads will be considered for discussion of the beneficiary families before selecting the list on the Rural housing scheme. This procedure is to ensure the transparency of the project and to ensure that only the families receive the aid in housing.
Features Of PMAY:
- This facility will be accessed to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of India.
- The providing of loans does not depend on the caste. This is to ensure the removal of Caste importance thought among the public.
- This scheme mainly targets the Urban poor people leaving in India.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- This scheme is very useful for Economically backward and weaker sections.
- This scheme also helps the Low-income families.
- The main aim of this scheme is to reduce the rate of home loans to help weaker section fulfil their dream of having a house.
- A concession of 4% is provided for the loan of 9 lakhs rupees and 3 % on 12 lakh loan.
- Families who want to repair their house will get a loan of 2 lakhs with 3% concession.
It was divided into 3 schemes. They are as follows:
- Started in April 2015
- Covered around 100 cities
- Ended in March 2017
- Started in April 2017
- Covered 200 cities
- Will end in March 2019
- Will start in April 2019
- Covers the remaining cities.
- Will end in March 2022.
PMAY EMI Calculator:
In order to the EMI for the loan taken by the families, Log in to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana at http://pmaymis.gov.in/EMI_Calculator.aspx and enter the required details to know your EMI.
These are the details about PMAY provided to you in this article. Hope you got the required information you wish to know.