Anna University conducts the TANCET Exam. If you want to pursue postgraduate courses like M.E., M.Tech., M.Arch., M.Plan., M.B.A. and M.C.A. in colleges of Tamil Nadu, India then it is mandatory to qualify the TANCET Exam. In order to write TANCET Exam candidates must hold the Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university/institute. All the eligible candidates can apply for TANCET 2018.
Before that, you need to fill the online application for TANCET 2018 through the official website of Anna University i.e. https://www.annauniv.edu/. The online application for TANCET 2018 will probably start from last week of January 2018. Candidates are advised to check the notifications regularly at www.annauniv.edu
Check out the Important Dates, Exam Pattern and Syllabus of TANCET 2018 in this post.
Brief Details of TANCET 2018 Examination:
- Name of the Organization or Conducting body: Anna University
- Name of the Examination: Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- Mode of Examination: Pen & Paper-based test
- Mode of Application: Online
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours
Important Dates of TANCET 2018:
- Online Application for TANCET 2018 will start from the Last week of January 2018.
- Online Application for TANCET 2018 will end in the Last week of February 2018.
- Admit Card will be released in the Month of March 2018.
- The TANCET Exam will be held from the Last week of March 2018.
- The Results will be declared in the Month of April 2018.
- Counselling will start in the Month of July 2018.
TANCET 2018 Exam Pattern:
TANCET 2018 will be an offline test i.e. pen and paper-based test. TANCET 2018 Test consists of MCQs. The medium of the paper is in English. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and candidates will have to attempt 100 questions. Against every correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted so total marks of TANCET 2018 is 100 marks. There will be negative marking of 1/3 for every incorrect answer. Candidates should attempt the questions carefully to avoid the penalty. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Candidates can score a maximum of 100 marks if they prepare well for the TANCET Exam.
Question Paper for MBA and MCA programs consist of 100 MCQs each containing one mark whereas Question paper for programs like M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan will be divided into 3 parts/sections.
- Part-1 will consist of 20 questions each containing one mark.
- Part-2 will consist of 20 questions each containing one mark.
- Part-3 will consist of 60 questions each containing one mark.
TANCET 2018 Exam Syllabus:
Candidates must be aware of the syllabus before starting the preparation for the examination.
Syllabus for MBA program:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General English/Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Analysis
Syllabus for MCA program:
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Ability
- Verbal Ability
- Computer Awareness
- Basic Sciences
Syllabus for M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan program:
- PART-I: Engineering Mathematics-Determinants and Matrices, Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration, Transforms, Numerical Methods, Applied Probability.
- PART-II: Basic Engineering and Sciences-Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemistry.
- PART-III: The subject selected by the candidate in the application form
Subjects under PART-III are:
- Civil Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Earth Sciences
- Mechanical, Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical & Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Technology, and Bio-Technology
- Textile Technology
- Leather Technology
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful in your TANCET Exam preparation. ALL THE BEST!!!